Being positive does not mean ignoring the negative. Being positive means overcoming the negative.
Life is always full of surprises. There are events in our life whether good or bad at some point it just happens. Some things happen as how we planned and expected. When this happen we feel very happy and contented. Feels like the world is in favor with us. But when things turn the other way around we did not expected, it feels like the world itself gave up on us. It feels like we’re the most wanted person in the world asking what have I done to be in a situation like this.
Am I being punished for something?
Is this how my story will end?
Think that you’re like the picture above. You’re like a newly hatched baby turtle, unsure of what might happen next. There’s that option to stay in your place and get eaten by a bird or move forward and crawl out to the edge of the shore for freedom. Running back is pointless. Giving up is inevitable. Just when you’re about to surrender. You realized something. You may have come in this world unprepared and surprised but you have already been born and destined to swim and move forward the very moment you hatched from your shell. Like a soldier, you just have to stand and continue what you’re bound to do — to fight.
When you believe that you’re going to fail, you will eventually fail. But if you believe in yourself that you can, then there’s no doubt that you will succeed. Take it from the wisdom of Budhha, “The mind is everything. What you think you become.” Though in some cases when the situation is so complicated some of us just can’t stand being positive. We find it boring as we always want immediate results. As how we find eating a fine cake, it takes time to bake that finest as well as good things in life also needs time. That no matter how positive we think about things, sometimes it seems to get even worst! Thinking positive doesn’t mean ignoring things that are less likely to happen rather it is about seeing things in a new perspective by going through every unpleasant situations in a more positive way — always thinking that the best is coming.
We all have that hardships in life that always comes in our life surprisingly. We’re just starting to enjoy all the pleasures then here it goes again, new difficulties to face. We should believe that things do not happen by some random chance. It always comes with a purpose. Whatever is this purpose, it may not be clearly visible to us until the right time we’re ready enough.
Lastly. It’s not how prepared you are in a fight but it is how you’re going to handle every circumstances of the situation.
God never ends anything on a negative. God always end on a positive. – Edwin Louis Cole
I got to the point where I feel so down for almost a year. Unexpected happenings came in without a single notice. It happened so fast that I almost didn’t noticed that I’m already on my knees, starting to give up.
I shut everything. I closed doors. I stopped listening to anybody. At that moment, me is the only world I know.
“It is really hard to be in a situation you are not prepared”
I still talk to people but that old me who used to be fun and jolly seems to fade away. I missed being myself but it feels like the world,the universe where I live is so unfair.
“I asked God why let these things happen?”
I waited for His reply. Minutes turned to hours. Hours into day. Days into weeks until it’s been months and I’m still hopeless, living the meanest days of my life. Indeed, pain is getting deeper each passing days. I simply can’t understand why these things need to happen.
Just one day I woke up. Feels like everything has change. Something is different. Someone in my mind urges me that something has to change for the better. It wasn’t easy for me. But I suddenly realized so many things …
- Life always reminds us that there are always something to be thankful for — our family, our friends, the blessing of waking up every morning and many more.
- That no matter how bad our day is, it’s just a bad day and not a bad life. As sometimes life could be tricky, it closes doors for us to move forward but not to shut us down rather to begin a new journey and to open for new possibilities.
- Everything is temporary. Wound heals same as with our pains. But be reminded that pain will forever be a part of our life not to bring us down but to teach us something. As they quote that everything always happens for a reason, pain always comes with a purpose.
- Move on from the past but remember all the things it taught you.
Lastly. God is truly in control though it’s kinda hard to imagine why God allows painful things to happen we should be faithful and believe that He has plans and He will never give us challenges we can’t handle. Remember challenges in life always comes in our life when we are strongest.
One quote that inspires me:
“If things are falling apart, they may actually be falling into place”
“Happiness always start with You”
Have you ever felt that feeling?
That feeling of not being happy at all?
You have tried many ways to become happy. Some works and some failed leaving you unhappy again. Then there’s the internet. You decided to scan Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and saw a lot of photos from people you know or may not know personally. They all share that same one thing in a photo, they’re happy— smiling and laughing in a selfie or in a groufie. Later on you feel different. Something’s bothering you inside. You don’t know what it was. Then at some point that feeling turned to into another question.
Why they are so happy and why I just can’t be?
At this point you are vulnerable, weak and jealous. You’re vulnerable to think of the worst and just thinking of giving up. You’re weak because you’re letting yourself defeat yourself. And you’re jealous because simply of what you feel.
As people say that happiness is always a choice, it is no doubt that is indeed correct. You can’t be happy being happy if you don’t truly believe that you should be happy. Remember that it’s you who always make a choice. And when you make a choice better make sure it’s the right one.
Whatever makes you feel unhappy, whether it’s depression, break ups or even deprivation of things that you want in life. Don’t let it ruin your life. The feeling of sadness is normal and completely natural to us. What’s not normal is when you still stick being sad even there’s a lot of things that can make you happy. You just need to open your mind.
Don’t be fooled by your emptiness. There’s so much room for happiness.
“Laughter is brightest where food is best”
Just a typical Sunday lunch with the family—my mom always make sure that she’ll be cooking the best dish for the family after a week full of busy schedules.
This Sunday’s specialty is the, Rellenong Bangus (Stuffed Milk Fish). Rellenong Bangus is a unique Filipino dish that is popularly served on a special occasion but rare on a common dinner as it requires patience and tedious effort to prepare. From deboning, flaking, sauteing, stuffing and frying, all for this mouthwatering meal!
- 1 large whole bangus (milkfish)
- ½ cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ cup flour
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking oil
- Scale fish and remove the insides with the belly intact. Break the spine near the tail and right below the head. Starting from the tail, squeeze and push the meat out through the neck. Pull the meat including the largest bone out of the fish. Insert a long spoon into the opening and carefully scrape the inside to remove any excess meat. Make sure to leave skin and head intact.
- Place the in a wide plate and combine the hollowed skin, lemon juice and soy sauce then marinate and chill in the fridge for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- On a slightly salted cup boiling of water, cook the fish meat for 3 to 5 minutes. Drain from liquid.
- Saute onion and garlic on a separate pan. Add carrots and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Add fish meat, raisins and green peas. Stir occasionally, until heated through. Add oyster sauce and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from pan.
- In a large bowl, combine fish mixture and egg. Using a spoon, stuff and fill fish mixture into skin. Close the head to the body and any openings to prevent the filling from spilling. Sew if needed.
- Using a spacious plate, combine flour, salt and pepper to taste. Lightly dip stuffed fish in flour to coat.
- In a wide, deep pan set over medium heat. Making sure that the oil and pan is hot enough. Add the fish and turn once or twice until golden crisp brown. After cooking drain using a paper towel and serve best with ketchup.
*Total time will be around an hour and 30 minutes. Can serve up to 4 or 5 depending on the size of the fish. Don’t overstuff the fish as it might explode upon frying.
Of course with a fine main course comes another specialty of my mother, the Sisig Tofu! A dish made of tofu and sauteed in spices of different kind.
For a final touch, a hot bowl of Small Clam Stew or locally known as the Tulya Soup completes the whole meal. The gingery flavor compliments the wholeness of the meal.
Other than the good food we have just had there’s nothing more tastier than spending it together with the rest of the family.
Nothing ever beats a happy family!
By the way, I managed to record a 5 second video and uploaded it on my Instagram account. It’s kinda meh but I think it’s pretty fine. *giggles*
“It’s going to be hard but hard is not impossible”
Are you having doubts about yourself?
Have you ever thought of giving up?
Well if there comes a time in your life where you almost gave up, think the very reason why you even started — well blah! Statement overused. But it means a lot!
Each of us were all born unique that makes our dreams varies from one person to another. Our dreams builds our individuality and by fulfilling our dreams means finding the true meaning of our life why we exist.
Maybe the most exciting yet hardest thing to do is taking that one single step to start with. Because at some point in our life, things could get a little worse making our dreams impossible to reach. Think life as a teacher and you as the student. We should see ourselves taking an exam at school were we have given enough time to prepare before taking the exam. In reality, it’s just the same. Challenges in our life acts as our reviewer. And in return, we learn from it. This is the way of life on making us more capable of what might comes next.
Always aspire to dream big! But better know that you’re dreaming right. Don’t forget to take each path one step at a time. No need to rush things as nothing good last forever when it is rushed.
Lastly.. there’s no easy way. But impossible things aren’t that hard for people who at least tried something rather than those who don’t even bother to make a single move.
Just a touch up. Failures doesn’t mean your weak. It makes you a better person.
So smile and believe in yourself!
So yeah, this is it! My first ever blog post! Hope that I become a friendspiration to you somehow! xo